Catholic Care Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains is an approved Commonwealth Home Support Provider, commonly referred to as CHSP.
CHSP is a government subsidised program designed to assist the older person to remain living in their home and in their community, with a small contribution from the client referred to as Client Contribution.
In the case of financial hardship, the fee can be reduced based on individual circumstances. (If this applies to you, please contact us to arrange a private and confidential discussion.)
CHSP is for seniors needing 1 or 2 entry-level services, with eligibility based on your age and needs:
- 65 years or older (50 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people); or,
- 50 years or older (45 years or older for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people) and on a low income, homeless, or at risk of being homeless.
Depending on your level of need, assistance required may be:
- For low-level needs, on an ongoing basis;
- Short-term after injury or illness;
- Interim support while waiting for a Home Care Package (HCP); or,
- Due to a risk of homelessness.